Rely+On™ Virkon™ has fewer handling and use constraints than many other disinfectant products and is not classified as harmful or a sensitiser in both powdered form and in-use dilutions, in accordance with EU legislation on the classification and labelling of chemical preparations.
Rely+On™ Virkon™ oxygen-based chemistry contains simple organic salts and organic acids and the active ingredient decomposes by a variety of routes within the environment, in soil and water, breaking down to form the naturally occurring substances, potassium salts and oxygen. The major organic components are classified as readily biodegradable according to OECD and EU tests.
Rely+On™ Virkon™ is not considered persistent in the environment, according to the standard European process for the classification and labelling of chemical preparations. Independent studies have shown that diluted Rely+On™ Virkon™ should not, when used as directed, pose any threat to sewage treatment facilities.
Rely+On™ Virkon™ oxidizes key structures and compounds, such as proteins, leading to widespread, irreversible damage and subsequent deactivation/ destruction of the microorganism.
There is no evidence to suggest that bacterial disease-causing organisms develop resistance towards Rely+On™ Virkon™ as opposed to some other disinfectant types.
|Proven Broad Spectrum Efficacy|
| Independently proven highly effective against:
- Routine disinfection of hard surfaces, furniture, floors, walls and doors in hospital wards, clinics and laboratories
- Broad spectrum disinfection and decontamination of hard surfaces in critical clinical facilities, such as operating theatres, intensive care units and accident and emergency departments
- Body fluid spillage clear-up and decontamination
- Routine cleaning and disinfection of hard surfaces and equipment*, such as benches, floors, walls and doors, cabinets, centrifuges and pipette discard jars.
- Routine cleaning and disinfection of hard surfaces such as floors, walls, doors and door handles.
- Routine disinfection of hard surfaces, equipment*, furniture, floors, walls, doors and door handles in treatment and communal areas, corridors and bathrooms.**
- Routine disinfection of surfaces, including floors, walkways, walls, doors and door handles.
The level of disease-causing organisms present after general cleaning can remain high enough to offer a serious disease challenge to patients and staff. Using a disinfectant proven to be effective against viruses, bacteria and fungi, such as Rely+On™ Virkon™, is essential.